Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Conversations with my piano teacher....

Luk Luk: my exam was a disaster!
teacher: (laughing) oh, was it?

Luk Luk: I was so sad after the exam, it made me so nervous...
teacher: it was a good experience for you. Don't you want to give up?

Luk Luk: (thinking) nope, just I am thinking whether or not to take any other exam?
teacher: (silence)

Luk Luk: Be honest, do you think I can play piano? I mean play it well?
teacher: YES...

Luk Luk: (feeling better now) but do you think I have technique limitations?
teacher: Many people have the limitations but I can't see any at the moment. The most important is you have to relax, relax your shoulder and arm, so don't play any difficult pieces now....

So, I have to start the relaxation exercises again.... actually I hate it but it is good for me in the long term.

In the middle of the lesson, his wife came and talked to me that the examiner said there was a Grade 8 student was bad in the beginning and improved a lot later. The examiner quite happy with this student. I told his wife, that's not me.... I was bad from the beginning till the end, his wife was a bit hesitated and said there are only 2 Grade 8 Students in this exam, so if not you, might be the others.

I kept thinking of what she said, did she give me a hope? but I don't want to be disappointed again!! I have confirmed to myself that I failed already.

Results come next week!!


2 comments:

史路比 said...

well, since Mr. Gill didn't say anything during your conversation with his wife, so i assume that you'll get a pass without doubt.

hohoho.... i've to sit the exam again and you can get released of it ~

yuen luk luk said...

it is better to belive I am already failed in the exam, just afraid to be disappointed again.

50% I will be accompanied with you for the exam next year....

Tasmanian Sky

塔斯曼尼亞的天空, 影了很多天空的照片, 回來香港後的幾個星期, 仍很懷念這個旅程, 這個天空......