Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Issac Stern - violinist

Nothworthy的書內, 看到一篇關於他的訪問, 不知怎, 在他的訪問中已很喜歡他的性格及為人!

他很致力於兒童音樂, 他說: "any child taught correctly by well-trained teachers improves in logic, memory, grammer and even the way they carry themselves. They don't need words to understand music, just hear sounds and tempo. Later, words can add intellectual pleasure and enjoyment, but the order in music is the order in the human body."

他也是一位出色的演奏家, 有62年台上的經驗, 很喜歡他說的兩句說話:

"One of the great necessities, one of the hardest things for artists to learn, is how to be free but always within the parameters of what the composer put down"

"Without a listener you don't have a performance. You have to have at least one"

(他已在 2001年9月22日逝世了!)

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Wo_木土人_od said...

Sometimes I enjoy being the only listener of my performance... Is that consider one listener? :p

p/s:Ms Yuen, missing an "i" in your title...

yuen luk luk said...

I have corrected it. Thanks.

I always enjoy being my own listener but honestly we really need an audience for our performance!

Ruth Tam said...

I like the feeling of really focus when I have audience. It feels like I am in another world. Like the feeling of on stage. The feeling of communication and sharing.

Of course, I enjoy listening to my playing and seeing myself in the mirror when dancing.

yuen luk luk said...

Ruth, I always say you like being on the stage which I am quite admired for.

Tasmanian Sky

塔斯曼尼亞的天空, 影了很多天空的照片, 回來香港後的幾個星期, 仍很懷念這個旅程, 這個天空......